Thursday, November 23, 2006

Lies In Mediation:

Monica, the claims rep when asked by my lawyer back in March of 2000 how much money Auto Owners had set aside for my personal injury case. She answered $50,000. When my lawyer asked her again that same question in mediation (after her first cash offer of $3,000 was thrown out on the table) about the $50,000 she lied after whispering with her attorney. This was a legal procedure. And employees from Auto Owners Insurance Company lied. And so did a licensed attorney in the state of NC.

So they paid their lawyer $50,000 instead to ruin my life.

Money can't buy love but when someone is injured and hurting; money could have allowed me to put my house (the housing market was great back in Feb. 2004) on the market, move my things and my pets to Atlanta to a rental home until my house sold. My credit was A1A back then. My credit is totally ruined now. There are judgements against me now. Out of the 21,000 they gave me I paid off all three credit cards to 0. I paid almost 5 thousand to medical bills. Financially I was in pretty good shape.

If Auto Owners had paid me just the 50K they had set aside for my injuries I could have managed.

Now I am trapped here in a house that is falling apart, not a prayer of selling it, no money to move or even go visit my kids. What an impossible situation! And what a travesty of justice.

Is it any wonder I am depressed? I live with cancer type pain from four different sources 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year with no cure no changes and the diagnosis of deterioration.

To think that people could make decisions like this to lie and cheat and deliberately to cause and inflict severe emotional and financial distress on another person; they have no right running a company or practicing law either.