Thursday, November 23, 2006

Dear Auto Owners Insurance Company:




Mr. R. L. Looyenga
CEO Auto Owners Insurance Company
6101 Anacapri Blvd.
Lansing, MI 48917

Dear Mr. Looyenga:

Today is Thanksgiving and we are supposed to remind ourselves of all the things we should be thankful for. Each year at Thanksgiving it gets harder and harder for me to accomplish this.

No, you did not cause the accident that hurt me. But you allowed your employees, decision makers and the attorney that was hired in this case; to cause me harm by taking away the tools I must have to be closeby my family.

I may be a lesbian, but I want you to know that lesbians can be mothers and grandmothers and love their family no less than heterosexual moms. And I am very thankful that I have three beautiful adult children who are intelligent, compassionate and who produced the seven grandchildren that I adore.

I am grateful that I am still here. And I am grateful that I dig down deep inside to find the courage each day to carry on. And this is not easy to accomplish. On some days it is a battle to even get out of bed; but I do it.

I am grateful too that I do not know you, or your employees who deliberately set out to inflict on me severe emotional and financial distress. I am grateful that I do not know the lawyer you chose to do your dirty work. I am even more grateful that I am not related to you, anyone that works for you and that lawyer.

Do you pay someone to shave you everyday? If not, how can you stand to look at yourself in the mirror and life with that face and the horrible person who resides there? Same thing for your lawyer! Only more so.

My plans today?

I am driving to my sister's house for dinner later today. I am not sure I will be able to make the drive. The last several days; I have been hurting more than normal. All my joints, especially my hips are screaming in pain. I have the spinal cord stimulator turned on right now but that only covers the pain in the left knee. My feet are in terrible condition. All of the tendons and ligaments are so tight and there are some trigger points there that are over the top.

Fibromyalgia, arthritis, myofacial pain syndrome, bulging discs, nerve damage in both legs and my back do not like cold and rainy weather. Neither do the several incision sites from the several surgeries I have had since April 2000. The spinal cord stimulator surgical site hurts the worse, because of the rectangular shaped cut out they made in my back bone in the lower back, placement there of this device and the other incision where they tunneled the wires from the device in my lower back to another incision where the battery is housed. The battery is about 2x3 inches and 1/2 inch thick.

If you have been listening to the weather you will know that this area of North Carolina has gotten pounded this week with cold rain mixed with sleet.

I'd really like to know what you are thankful for.
I bet you are thankful you are not me either.
I bet you are thankful that you are so high and mighty you think I can't "touch you" there up on your throne.
I bet you are thankful up there on your throne that you can whisper to your family "Let her eat cake!"
I bet you are thankful you have the tools you need to have a happy and healthy life.
I bet you are happy that you, your company and your lawyer were able to steal the tools from me that I need to be happy and healthy too.

Money cannot buy happiness or love. But it can buy me a ticket to Atlanta to get a little house close to my kids and their kids. To do things almost every day as a family. So I can reach out and take Baby Jimmy from his mother and I can hold him, tickle him, hug him tight and see his happy baby face. To spend time with all of my family; to be physically close to them.

Here is a picture of Baby Jimmy when he and his mother and auntie came to visit me a few weeks after my heart attack in March. That is Jimmy in bed with his Grandma Cookie. (me)After the photo was taken, I fed him and sang to him until we both dozed off. I have only seen my family four times this year, when they came here to care for me after I had my heart attack.

You stole this from me! My family!


And I am grateful that I am not like you and that I have no capacity to harm others like you.