Saturday, November 18, 2006

Jeff Bolster-Attorney for Auto Owners:

Though this company hired you to save them money on my personal injury lawsuit; did you have to take it so far? Did you have to lie in mediation? Did you have to resort to blackmail in the mediation? Did you have to be so mean and nasty in the deposition? Did you have to go beyond what is reasonable in the course of your work for Auto Owners?

Lies in mediation. I filed a complaint (three times actually) with the NC Bar Association. They said they found no fault with your actions there. Though they failed to interview me. Though they failed to examine the depositions. Though they failed to question everyone in the room that day including the para-legal, the mediator and my lawyer. What were they hiding when they refused to give me a copy of their findings. What were you hiding when you told them not to reveal their findings? If you had done nothing wrong then you should have been eager to have the Bar Association send me their findings.

You lied when you said your secretary had called the defendant to tell him the time for mediation had been moved UP a few hours. You also lied when you said the defendent had said he would be there a few minutes late. He never showed up that day at all. I think you told him what was happening alright but told him NOT to be there.

Your questioning of me in the deposition went far beyond what was considered appropriate. Your questions also showed your disgust for me as a person, as a mother as a woman. Your questioning and attitude during the deposition caused me extreme emotional distress that night. I do not know how I even made it home safely. And I spent hours on the phone with a counselor friend and my best friend; they found the questioning and your behavior disgusting too.

Even Dr. Ohl found you disgusting according to Bill. He was hostile towards you because of your insinuations about me; his patient. Dr. Ohl knew without doubt that I was hurt in that accident and that it wasn't minor injuries either.

The $50,000 you were paid by Auto Owners has long ago been spent. You have put all that unpleasantness behind you.

What was unpleasant to you was a nightmare that began on New Year's Eve morning in 1999. Because you blackmailed and threatened me in mediation to prevent me from going on to trial my life is in ruins. Yes, I sustained injures during that car accident and yes all the money in the world could not make me well or give me my old life back.

What it would have done (if you and Auto Owners hadn't behaved as such greedy monsters); it would have allowed me to sell my house and move back to Atlanta to be close to my family. Being alone when in constant pain is a terrible experience. If I had been with my family instead of being forced to stay here in NC alone to deal with everything; I doubt if I would have had the heart attack too.

No matter how many words I type here; you will never know the true extent of damage you did to me, to my family, to my friends and pets; to my spirit and my will to live.

I only have one regret should I not be able to carry on and decide to end my life; is that your children could be hurt by this. You know how the press is, it will be out there and then grow and grow. Then my loved ones can speak. Truth has a strange way of coming out. If your kids hear about what kind of father they have; I am sorry if my future actions (to myself) will cause them pain. I love kids and would never inflict harm on them. If you want to be a better person, read over my answers on the depo and know this: the only reason I succumbed to your threats and blackmail in mediation was to protect my witnesses (and friends) from being outted in court by you and they would have been at risk of losing their jobs.

I am a nice woman. I doubt if you would have done what I did or sacrificed what I did to protect my friends. My therapist when I told her all that happened was so amazed and she was so proud of what I did.

Would I do it all again the same way? Because this has hurt my family and loved ones so much; probably not. I should have been thinking of my family more that day.

I want to say one final thing before hitting the publish button. When you are old, very sick, in a lot of pain (you cannot escape this it happens)and/or close to the end of your life; I want you to recall my face and my words as you are laying there suffering and try to imagine what it was like being me and living with the repercussions of your actions. And I want it to haunt you and you cannot get the memory of what you did out of your mind for the rest of your life.

You are a monster.