Friday, November 24, 2006

Hell Ya I am a strong woman:

How many of you could survive on $569 a month payments from Social Security Supplemental Income, $149 food stamps and medicaid.

After approval of Social Security Disability I am living on less than $1,000 and $10 a month food stamps and no more Medicaid and out of that I pay each month:

$512 mortgage
$43 car insurance
$125 electricity, water and sewer (average in summer and winter this is higher)
$56 telephone
$20 food for my pet family
$25 for gasoline for my truck
$25 for narcotics for pain through the Patient Assistance Program at Perdue Pharma

How much is left over for food for me, vitamins, cold/flu shots remedies, personal hygiene items, clothing, entertainment (what is that?), visits to my family in Atlanta, etc.

Every four months I have to visit my pain management doctor at $250 a pop. Then there is property tax on my house and truck. Then there is registration renewal. Then there is car inspection, etc.

Well I am doing it. Some months are tough. Like this one when I discovered the lien from IRS; they cleaned out every penny in my checking account. $654! I know this is trouble I got into. My pain, illness, injuries and depression is keeping me focused on so many things that require my immediate attention. So right now my mortgage is not paid for Nov. And in a few days there will be no food in the house for me and my pets. I am working with Social Services on that right now.

So hell ya, I am a strong woman. But there are limits. Yesterday was such a terrible day.