Sunday, November 26, 2006

Checking the Mail:

I should rename this blog; how someone gets tossed into poverty, how to maintain it and how it stays alive.

I checked mail yesterday and found a notice of NSF which the bank has not notified me about. I did write that check. They want another 30 bucks and the amount of the check. I will have to write them a letter showing that Netscape is the cause of the check bouncing, a copy of my letter to NetScape, a copy of my letter to my bank and copy of my bank statement showing the reversal of four nsf charges. What a headache. I used to just put my isp on my discover platinum card and not worry about it.

Notice from Social Services saying they are doing further investigation of me because it seems (to them) I have funds coming from other sources that I did not tell them about. Well silly me. I have a bank account somewhere I don't know about? Why go through all this trouble for first $149 a month in food stamps and then being cut back to $10 a month after disability approval; silly me I could have just used that hidden money to buy food instead of spending hours in the dept of social services with all those germ carrying kids and people; hours on the phone explaining to them that I am sick and I need help buying food, hours on the phone gathering paperwork for now $10 a month. Silly me.

So the first thing I have to do tomorrow is to go to social services with all my paperwork and sit in that rather unclean place explaining. Again.

Every time something like this happens, my very first thought is what Auto Owners and their lawyer did to me; they put me in this very bad place. A very scarey place.

Nov. 25th and still my mortgage is not paid because of the IRS lien. I have mailed the 911 form, made calls and left messages to the advocate, wrote to my local rep Robin Hayes, wrote to the governor, wrote to Senators Dole and Burr; all last week. Has anyone responded to my request for assistance? NO they have not.

Yes, this is turning out to be a journal, a journal of what it is like to be thrown under the bus into poverty; the last place in the world I would want to be. Being thrown under and kept under by bill collectors and others.