Monday, November 13, 2006

Jeff Bolster's Deposition of Me: pages 8, 9, 10 and 11.


Homosexuality. He asked me detailed questions about when I came out, past relationships and he went through each of my childrens'names and asked me what each of them felt about having a mother who is gay. I was so hurt by these questions. Every time he brought up my children; I shuddered. As a mother, I am very protective of my kids. He was not worthy to speak their names.


Going back to my teenage years, asking me about sexual abuse by my stepfather, questions about my mother's death of breast cancer. Then more past medical history.


Physical activity prior to the wreck. Deeply personal and highly invasive questions about my parents and their deaths. I am trying very hard not to get emotional reading this again and reliving that horrible day. Something very important here that I cannot post a photo of is the expression on his face when he asked questions he found displeasing to him; a haughty disapproving look. He is the perfect lawyer for a Bad Faith Insurance Company to hire. He made me feel very unworthy during that depo. That was his goal.


He asked me again about my relationship with my kids but honed in on my relationship with my son. My son has special needs; he has austism actually Asperger's syndrome which is a higher function level of autism. He asked me about my son's drinking problem. He asked me about my son's marriage. I was angry so angry he made my son look like an alcoholic drunk and dying in an ally; dirty and alone without his family. I loathe this lawyer for even speaking the names of my children.

Depositions are long grueling things. This one lasted almost four hours. I sat there with all that damage to my back and nerves in my back without pain meds, answering these horrible invasive questions. Very few of them had anything to do with the car accident.

I thought then and I still do that this lawyer is a monster and should be barred from practicing law. Auto Owners and this lawyer are guilty of intentionally inflicting emotional and financial distress.

This lawyer was trying to make me feel like an unfit mother who does not care about her children. He inferred with these questions that being gay automatically makes one an unfit mother who is not capable of loving and caring for her children. Nothing could be further from the truth. I always wanted to be a mother ever since I was 9 or 10! And nothing pleases me more than the children of my children. I am thrilled with being a grandmother; seven times!

He made me feel like a criminal. This accident was in no way my fault. I was the victim in this accident.